halloween costume 万圣节服装
Grim Reaper 死神
spider web 蜘蛛网
1.Trick or tread
2. The child screamed when it confronted the man in the halloween costume.
3. Older boys put us up to pointing the statue red on Halloween.
4. The jack-o-lantern is the symbol of Halloween.
5. Children would make Halloween decorations, all kinds of orange-paper jack-o-lanterns.
6. On the eve of All Hallows, Oct. 31,
7. Few holidays tap into the American psyche so close- ly as Halloween.
8. People use me to make a jack-o-lantern on Halloween.
The Halloween celebration comes from All Hallows Day or All Saints Day, the 1st of November. This was originally a pagan festival of the dead, but later became a holiday to honor Christian saints.
万圣节的庆祝活动来源于每年11月1日的All Hallows Day 或All Saints Day。它原先是异教徒们纪念死者的节日，但是逐渐演变成一个纪念基督圣者的节日。
2. The name Halloween comes from a contraction of All Hallows Eve (Evening), the day before All Hallows Day. On this night it was believed that the spirits of the dead would try to come back to life!
Halloween这个词来自于All Hallows Eve(夜晚)，All Hallows Eve是All Hallows Day前一天的缩写。人们认为在当天晚上，亡者的灵魂会重新复活！
3. Dressing up in costumes is one of the most popular Halloween customs, especially among children. According to tradition, people would dress up in costumes (wear special clothing, masks or disguises) to frighten the spirits away.
Dressing up in costumes是最受欢迎的万圣节风俗之一，尤其是受孩子们的欢迎。按照传统习俗，人们会dress up in costumes（穿戴一些特别的服装，面具或者装饰）来吓跑鬼魂。
4. Popular Halloween costumes include vampires (creatures that drink blood), ghosts (spirits of the dead) and werewolves (people that turn into wolves when the moon is full).
5. Trick or Treating is a modern Halloween custom where children go from house to house dressed in costume, asking for treats like candy or toys. If they don't get any treats, they might play a trick (mischief or prank) on the owners of the house.
Trick or Treating 是现代万圣节的风俗。孩子们穿着特殊的衣服走街串巷，讨取糖果和玩具之类的赏赐。如果他们得不到任何的赏赐，就可能会对屋主大搞恶作剧或者胡闹了。
6. The tradition of the Jack o' Lantern comes from a folktale about a man named Jack who tricked the devil and had to wander the Earth with a lantern. The Jack o' Lantern is made by placing a candle inside a hollowed-out pumpkin, which is carved to look like a face.
Jack o' Lantern 的传统来自于一个民间传说。一个名叫Jack的人戏弄了恶魔，之后就不得不提着一盏灯在地球上流浪。Jack o' Lantern是用雕刻成脸型，中间挖空，再插上蜡烛的南瓜做成的。
7. There are many other superstitions associated with Halloween. A superstition is an irrational idea, like believing that the number 13 is unlucky!
8. Halloween is also associated with supernatural creatures like ghosts and vampires. These creatures are not part of the natural world. They don't really exist... or do they?
9. Witches are popular Halloween characters that are thought to have magical powers. They usually wear pointed hats and fly around on broomsticks.
10. Bad omens are also part of Halloween celebrations. A bad omen is something that is believed to bring bad luck, like black cats, spiders or bats.
Halloween is a western festival. It’s on Oct.31st. It’s a happy time for children because at night they put on the masks to attend the party. After the party, they knock at someone’s door and say: “trick or tread”. It means if you don’t give me the candies, I will play trick on you! At last kids can get enough candies for one year.
IF you hear scraping at the window, don’t worry it’s only a branch. The zombies use them to reach the windows. Happy Halloween!黑夜降临，阴森的城堡，蝙蝠振翅划破黑夜，城堡上悬挂的那一个个南瓜灯幽幽地望着你，此时门铃骤响，朋友请开门吧……哈哈，不要怕。万圣节快乐哦！
trick or treat
Halloween is celebrated on October 31. On Halloween, American children dress up in funny or scary costumes and go "trick or treating" by knocking on doors in their neighborhood. The neighbors are expected to respond by giving them small gifts of candy or money.